June 5 isn’t just a normal day, It is a day all about action and physically getting off the chair to do something to help preserve nature.
That mean anything like hiking in your local park, planting trees, organizing a litter picking outing, or snapping some beautiful shots of the great outdoors and sharing them online.
Here Are Top 3 Things You Should Know About the World Environment Day 2017
1. What is World Environment Day all about ?
The World Environment Day is all about raising awareness about nature and the importance of protecting it. On this Day People are encouraged to continue towards the safeguarding of the environment.
2. What is the theme of World Environment Day 2017 ?
This year World Environment Day is all about connecting people to nature.That means encouraging people to get outdoors and appreciate the beauty of the planet in a bid to show people the importance of protecting it for future generations.
3. How Can I Contribute?
1) You can visit a local parks and not just look at the views but get involved in them. That means not just looking at a lake but whipping off your clothes and jumping in. Than you can Share photographs on social media with the hashtag #worldenvironmentday too.
2) Take Part in a litter pick ups event, If you can’t find one, why not do it Alone?
3. And the best things is to Plant a Tree. What about Asking 3-4 friends to Join you on this Mission? Create a Group and Start Planting a Few Trees, Maybe in your Neighborhood!
Do You KNOW ?
The World Environment Day was established by the UN General Assembly back in 1972